Winscribe BPM Integrations
Business process management is about making people and systems work together in the most efficient way possible. Winscribe BPM can integrate seamlessly with other business systems in your legal firm, including accounting systems, case management software, billing systems, Microsoft InfoPath®, SharePoint®, Word®, Outlook® and other Microsoft Office® products. In most cases, this can be achieved without the need for custom coding, using only Winscribe's graphical BPM Workflow Designer.
The introduction of a dedicated, legal specific BPM platform can provide long term economic benefits, reducing total cost of ownership and leveraging existing investment in your legal firm's IT infrastructure, including SharePoint.
- Integration – With the help of Winscribe BPM, data can be passed back and forth between SharePoint® and existing systems, such as CRM, billing platforms, accounting or case management systems. Furthermore, existing manual processes which involve the retrieval, creation or storage of documents can be automated, resulting in improved operational efficiencies. Documents can be stored in SharePoint following established naming conventions and process rules. This reduces “SharePoint Sprawl” and makes retrieving documents easier (especially if that process is automated as well).
- Escalation and Alerts – SharePoint does not support out-of the box workflow escalation or alerts. This would require custom coding workarounds and significant IT expenditure. Winscribe BPM will allow such functionality without the need for custom code to be developed.
- Improved Case Management – BPM suites such as Winscribe BPM more easily enable users to allow for complex scenarios and allow the user to be presented with a number of options that affect the outcome of a process. In the end this means that a law firm will be more flexible and adaptive to their client’s needs; and spend less time developing IT workarounds to limitations within SharePoint.
- Improving Business Processes – Winscribe BPM provides a tool for representing business processes in a graphical manner which help law firms to better understand a given process, including its constraints and limitations. SharePoint workflows are often only representative of a small share of the overall process or are used to store the output of ill-defined, manual processes. By forcing the organization to think more strategically about its business processes, the introduction of BPM software often leads to the discovery of bottlenecks and results in improved KPI’s for a given process.
- Governance – BPM software helps to enforce rules and policies of the organization and ensures data consistency. This means that standards can be enforced which will ensure that collaboration and document management using SharePoint remains straightforward as complexity increases, for example through automatic archiving and back up of data in a SharePoint installation.
- Reporting – Winscribe BPM allows for enhanced reporting capabilities on process effectiveness and allow for this data to be displayed inside the SharePoint portal.
Integration with Accounting, Billing , Client Management, Case Management and Microsoft Office products
Winscribe has a 15 year long history of integrating its software succesfully with legal specific data management systems, and has developed hundreds of integrations over the years. This wealth of experience is now at your fingertips.
Using Winscribe BPM's graphical workflow designer, you can easily connect to data in your business systems and utilize this information to pre-populate forms and documents. With a Winscribe BPM integration you can also easily export data from any activity in your BPM workflow and store it in a database system, such as your accounting platform (e.g. Elite®), billing platform (e.g. Rekoop®) or case management system.
Winscribe also features an integration with Microsoft InfoPath forms, which allows you to easily serve smart, branded forms to your users as part of a BPM process, right from within SharePoint. InfoPath forms can also be used to trigger BPM workflows. Due to Winscribe's long-standing partnership with Microsoft, Winscribe BPM is designed from the ground up to work with your firm's MS Office suite, including a native BPM client add-on for MS Outlook, as well as advanced options for extracting data from MS Word documents.
As an example of some of the functionality that is possible by integrating Winscribe BPM with your business systems, see the illustration of a simplified client matter intake below:
Please contact us if you have a question about integrating Winscribe BPM with a specific vendor platform.